
You can use whatever proportions you want or sub in other veggies for different tastes. This salad is alway different each time I make but here is the basic of what I put in it:
1 large zucchini cut in small quarter or half slices
2 medium tomatoes diced
1/2 cup broccoli cut into very small pieces
handful of cilantro (this gives it a really nice flavor!) finely chopped
1/2 cup black beans
1-2 ounces of cheese chopped into small pieces (you can also use feta cheese too)
handful of chopped walnuts (optional)
dressing: equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar (I usually mix 1 TBSP of each)
Put all the chopped veggies in a bowl and mix together with the salad dressing. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the beans, cheese, and walnuts. This tastes the best if you let it marinate in the dressing for a few hours.
I also want to try adding in chopped red onion and chopped grilled chicken too. I think that would be awesome.
1 comment:
I made something like this and thought of you. :) YUMMMMMM!
And I think you should write on your blog more. That's all.
Post a Comment